AVAILABLE POSITION: WE-LAB (Water Energy – Learning And Behavior) Program Coordinator (part-time)
Dream in Green (DIG) seeks a highly responsible professional to coordinate and manage the WE-LAB Program for the Miami-based, non-profit organization. The Program Coordinator will be responsible for the management of the WE-LAB School Program within the Dream in Green Academy, as well as the organization and implementation of WE-LAB Workshops at schools and community centers within Miami Dade and Broward County. Responsibilities include day-to-day management of the program and forging relationships with community partners to ensure the successful implementation of educational workshops. General direction is provided by DIG’s Executive Director who is in charge of ensuring DIG achieves its goals and objectives.
- Manage the WE-LAB School Program which includes:
- Assisting with the update of The Academy Guidebook including activities, content and design
- Assisting with the organization and facilitation of the Professional Development Training Workshop, Mid-year Meeting and Awards Ceremony, as well as other required meetings and events
- Conducting school site visits to provide technical and administrative support
- Gathering, organizing and evaluating required WE-LAB submissions from schools
- Developing content for The Academy e-newsletter, social media, and other external communication as required
- Coordinate and facilitate WE-LAB Workshops which includes:
- Communicating with community stakeholders and teachers to schedule workshops
- Presenting information about the Water/Energy Nexus during workshops
- Updating presentation content as necessary
- Assembling water and energy saving toolkits at the Miami Dade Water and Sewer Department
- Transporting boxes of toolkits to and from workshops
- Organizing and inputting data collected from pre/post workshop surveys
- Additional administrative support activities which includes:
- Researching and writing grants
- Assisting with the implementation of DIG’s social media strategy
- Assisting with website management
- Designing content and graphics for marketing collateral for Constant Contact, social media and website; sponsorship & event emails; community events; and development activities
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Environment, Marketing, Public Relations, or related field. Two years of professional experience in a non-profit organization with knowledge on project management, development, or education. The ideal candidate must poses excellent communication and writing skills.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS
- Considerable knowledge of environmental science and education, with experience in program development, implementation, and evaluation
- Ability to plan, organize, and manage projects
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Board members, co-workers, colleagues, sponsors, and a variety of public and private officials
- Excellent presentation and training skills
- Creative and critical thinking skills
- Ability to lift and carry heavy boxes
Commensurate with experience. Range $17/hour 20 hrs/week
Please email resume and cover letter only to: Karla Utting, Executive Director at gro.neergnimaerdnull@alrak by May 30th 2016.
We are seeking to hire in June 2016. Response will be limited to those candidates who are being considered for interviews. Dream in Green is an Equal Opportunity Employer.