Green Leadership Grants: Students Implement Change
This program makes grants available to students from 5th to 12th grade participating in the 2015-2016 Academy programs.
From October through March, Dream in Green offers grants of $300 each to support Green Team monthly challenge activities. The choice of activities are proposed in the guidebook but schools may create their own project in relation to the environmental topic of the month.
The goals of this program are:
Are you participating in one of the three programs available under The Academy?
- Submit a one page proposal about the green project you would like to develop and implement at your school or you may choose to use the money to implement one of the activities in the guidebook.
- Application must be written by Green Team student(s) and reviewed by the teacher champion.
- A school is awarded only one grant during the program cycle.
- Schools that are rewarded a grant are required to submit a follow-up report after project completion.
- Keep original project for display at the school’s end of year Eco-Summit.
Energy Efficiency and Conservation: October 16th
Waste Reduction and Recycling: November 13th
Water Conservation: December 13th
Alternative Transportation: January 15th
Green Building: February 12th
Green Careers: March 11th