POSITION AVAILABLE: Office Administrator (part-time)
Dream in Green (DIG) seeks a part-time Office Administrator to enhance the office’s effectiveness by providing clerical and information management support. This is an administrative position with responsibilities for data and grant management as well as maintaining organizational systems. The position will also assist with correspondence, filing, research, grant writing and communication.
Sponsorship/Grant Reporting and Administration
- Assist Executive Director and Program Managers with relevant grant/funder related tasks
- Process all data pertaining to current or potential grants and funders
- Research funding opportunities as needed by Executive Director and other staff members
- Acknowledge all grant and sponsorship payments with timely thank you letter
- Keep track of calendar with grant related submission deadlines
- Evaluate data related to grants and assist with interim and final grant reports
- Assist in grant correspondence including but not limited to mailing applications, returning agreements, and responding to requests from funders
- Maintain DIG’s contact log and ensure funder’s records and grant related filing systems are organized and up-to-date
- Monitor and manage office supplies
- Assist Executive Director and Program Managers with mass mailings to DIG supporters and donors
- Process, update and maintain files of program participants
- Report activity and spending to donors and stakeholders as required
- Develop and maintain a tracking system for bill payment of, for example, certificate of use, Sunbiz, etc.
Miscellaneous Administrative Duties
- Handle routine correspondence from firstname.lastname@example.org
- Running errands for office staff such as depositing checks and picking up supplies for events
- Making copies and scanning documents
- Faxing and sending e-mails as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Interested candidates should hold at least an Associate’s Degree in accounting, office administration or a related field with a minimum of one (1) year of related experience in grant administration. Knowledge of fiscal management systems such as SAMIS, ASAP and QuickBooks is a plus. Knowledge of Miami-Dade County grant reporting is also a plus.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to plan, organize, and manage projects
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and DIG supporters
- Creative and critical thinking skills
Commensurate with experience. Range $15/hour 20hrs/week
Please email resume and cover letter to: Karla Utting, Executive Director – email@example.com
Deadline to apply is July 31st.
We are seeking to hire immediately. Response will be limited to those candidates who are being considered for interviews. Dream in Green is an Equal Opportunity Employer.