Dream in Green (DIG) is seeking two highly responsible individuals with strong writing and research skills to assist with several projects during the summer 2016. The interns will be involved in the development of new resources and educational materials for the launch of the 2016-2017 Green Schools Challenge (GSC). They will also assist DIG staff in the completion of a study commissioned by the organization to evaluate the effectiveness and impact of the program. The GSC encourages K-12 students, teachers and staff members in South Florida to design and implement energy and environmental solutions at their schools by completing a series of monthly challenges throughout the academic year. The proposed study, “Green Schools Challenge: Evidence-based Practices”, will conduct an in-depth research study and theoretical evaluation to understand the influence the program has on school staff and students’ understanding of the effects of climate change on human health and the environment, behavioral changes, empowerment and leadership building.
- Willingness to support Dream in Green’s mission
- Assist with the development of resources for the Green Schools Challenge
- Assist with data evaluation of The Study
- Help to recruit schools to join the Green Schools Challenge and WE-LAB programs
- Provide administrative support to Dream in Green staff, including data entry and filing
- Research grant opportunities and assist with content
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite
- Must be organized, detail oriented and follow instructions
- Must be a team player and demonstrate ability to work effectively in an office environment
- Currently enrolled or recently graduated from a Bachelor’s Degree
500 hours or 2-3 days a week, 6 hours per day
This is a great opportunity to acquire experience within the non-profit sector and to showcase it on your resume. A recommendation letter will be provided upon completion.
If interested in applying send resume and cover letter to Natalia Arias, Program Manager at email@example.com.